How to hip extend
Here at Three Pillars of Fitness, Brighton we love to build our clients bespoke exercise programmes. We do this by completing an extensive consultation that will consider your exercise preferences, lifestyle goals and movements which you struggle with or want to develop.
If you’d like to discuss ways in which we can help you to become healthier and happier, give us a call on 07713 328010.
To learn more about our Personal Training services click here or contact us using the button below.
The quadruped hip extension is a great exercise to wake up your sleepy butt/ glutes, use the hip extension exercise. In order to isolate the gluteus and reduce hamstring involvement, it's best to perform the hip extension in a quadruped position.
1. Start in a quadruped position (on your hands and knees).
2. Tighten your core and contract your abs to stabilise the spine.
3. Focus on contracting the right glute. You may need to place your hand on your glute to be sure it contracts.
4. Slowly lift the right leg up while keeping a 90-degree bend at the knee. The left thigh should be nearly parallel with the ground.
5. Slowly lower to the start position and repeat 10 reps per side.
Want a progression? place a small dumbbell behind your knee or add an ankle weight/ micro band.
If you would like to know more about how we can help you with your Three Pillars of Fitness (Exercise, Diet and Mindset) CLICK HERE