How to child pose
Here at Three Pillars of Fitness, Brighton we love to build our clients bespoke exercise programmes. We do this by completing an extensive consultation that will consider your exercise preferences, lifestyle goals and movements which you struggle with or want to develop.
If you’d like to discuss ways in which we can help you to become healthier and happier, give us a call on 07713 328010.
To learn more about our Personal Training services click here or contact us using the button below.
1. From table pose, exhale and lower the hips to the heels and forehead to the floor. Have the knees together or if more comfortable, spread the knees slightly apart.
2. The arms can be overhead with the palms on the floor, the palms or fists can be stacked under the forehead, or the arms can be along side the body with the palms up.
3. Breathe slowly and deeply, actively pressing the belly against the thighs on the inhale.
4. Breathe and hold for 4-12 breaths.
5. To release: place the palms under the shoulders and slowly inhale up to a seated position.
Benefits: Child pose calms the body, mind and spirit. The Child pose gently stretches the back, massages and tones the abdominal organs, and stimulates digestion.
If you would like to know more about how we can help you with your Three Pillars of Fitness (Exercise, Diet and Mindset) CLICK HERE